Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's All In A Day's Work

A couple of weeks ago I was standing in line at the grocery store...which I detest, but that is a story for another day... and I saw this magazine staring back at me!


It was like angels singing to me! THIS was the answer to all my teacher's gifts questions! I already have numerous pages marked of recipes I want to try and creative packaging that I just can't wait to assemble!

I got to put the first project to the test today. This weekend we have a Fall Festival at my boys' school. I was asked to donate individually wrapped baked goods for the cake walk. I flipped through my new "handbook" for homemade treats and found this page:

This was PERFECT! Something bright and colorful that the kids could see what they are getting. I didn't want to make gingerbread men (it's just a little too early for that), so we opted for another recipe in the magazine, "Melt in Your Mouth Pumpkin Cookies"! (The link will take you to the Better Homes & Gardens website and the recipe)! Let me just tell you that whoever named this recipe, had it dead on! They are DIVINE!
As for the packaging, I had most everything I needed, scrapbook paper, ribbon, embellishments, etc. The only thing I had to buy was paper CD sleeves.

So, 4 dozen cookies later, give or take a few that somehow "disappeared", my new little gift giving guide has already come in handy! And the holidays aren't even here yet!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: