Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm Feeling the LOVE!

When I first started this blog/business, I didn't know what would come of it. I figured if nothing else, I would get a few projects done around my house. As I accomplished more projects and learned new techniques, people in my "real life" would offer compliments and accolades (and I really do LOVE the feedback)! But, there is always that tiny part of me that says, "They're just being nice!" I know that's not true, but the voice is still there.
In the last few weeks though, strangers (blogland friends) have been stopping by here left and right to leave me compliments. This has meant so much to me. But again, that pesky voice in my head got me to thinking it was just a fluke because most of the comments have been about my Memory Table. Everyone can happen upon a great project every once in a while. Then today, all of those doubts were wiped away. Melissa over at My Craftie Life featured my "Family Rules" project. WOW! Somebody liked something different! I was shocked!
This post probably makes me sound like I have very low self esteem or that I need constant praise. That is not the case. It is just a little bit of self doubt that can creep in when you start something new. I am having so much fun creating new things and sharing them with all of you! I have been completely overwhelmed by the amount of support and encouragement I have received over the past few months, from both real life friends and those in the Blog World! Maybe that pesky voice in my head will finally SHUT UP!!!
Thanks again Melissa!
My Craftie Life

PS: Did I mention I like comments? I do!!!!!
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Nutbird said...

You are no different than most other bloggers. Most of you are surprised at your own success. You all work so hard in your regular life, and then knock yourselves out in your blogging life with projects, photos, and instructions. You are all so talented, but you are successful because you show up, you work hard, and keep trying, and show up again. I think that might be the key to life. Even the most successful bloggers have lots of doubts. I am glad that you have done really well with the Memory table because that reflects really well on Funky Junk. Ann