Tuesday, March 1, 2011

For the Love of Home

I love Houses! I love that no two houses are exactly alike. Even if they have the same floor plan and identical builder finishes, once they become someone's home, they take on their own distinct personality.



I could look at houses everyday! I scour the Internet and decorating magazines looking for inspiration. I can sit and Barnes & Noble for hours admiring beautiful pictures of stranger's homes. I am THAT person who will hit every open house in town, just to look! I have a three ring binder that I have kept for years; it holds all the inspiration pages I have torn out of magazines over the course of my adult life. As if that's not enough, there is also a folder on my computer entitled "house ideas" for the images I find online. You might say I am a little obsessed, I just call it Love! Love of style, love of fabric, love of color and texture, love of HOME!


Lately, I find myself looking for inspiration even more. Perhaps it is knowing that a new home is my future, maybe it is because I know I am forever done decorating my current house, or maybe I just have TONS of extra time on my hands. Whatever the reason, I have been looking.


I has been 7 1/2 years since I bought a house. That's a long time. My entire life, the longest I ever lived in one house was 8 years. So this home ranks right up there. I have loved this house. I have decorated and redecorated it many times over. I have painted EVERY wall in this house (even closets), most of them twice, some even 3 or 4 times. I have grown my decorating wings here. Here, I have found my style! Thanks to this home, I know who I am, what I want, and what I do not want in future homes.


So, through pictures of homes, I thought I might share with you a little bit of who I am. (I apologize for not knowing where all of these images come from. Some of them I have had WAY longer than this blog!)









This one is from Southern Living. I love the natural wood in the room combined with the bold patterns on the chairs. This is the kind of living room where you feel comfortable enough to curl up on the couch, yet obviously it is visually appealing enough for a magazine. And the family pictures on the plate rack are a GREAT personal touch!

If it is at all possible for a laundry room to be elegant, this one is. I have no idea where I found this image, but I LOVE it! If you have to do laundry, you might as well do it in style, right?


This bedroom is FANTASTIC! Cozy and Functional! I love the neutral green on the walls and the simple curtains. It makes the bedding stand out even more.




This could quite possibly be one of my favorite rooms EVER!!! It combines so many things that I want, all in one room! I am absolutely in LOVE with the arched doorway and the ceiling beams. These are two things high on my list of a dream house! I am also coveting the card catalog on the wall! I have wanted one for years! And then there are the mismatched chairs! LOVE!!! They look like old teacher chairs, so out of place in a dining room, which makes me love them even more! Throw the industrial light into the mix and you have the perfect room!



This one is for my Funky side! This Cottage Living photo appeals to the part of me that wants to live at Anthropologie (you can read more about that here)! This would be a super fun family room! Eclectic living at its best!



And then there is this one, also from Cottage Living! This is for my traditional side. All the fabrics in this room draw me in! The variety of textures, colors, and patterns, is so appealing! And of course the wood ceiling doesn't hurt!



And I can't leave out the kitchen! A farm sink and unique cabinets are very high on my list of wants! This kitchen has both! I'm also kind of loving the rugs! A little rustic charm never hurts!



This one doesn't have the farm sink, but look at those cabinets! Beautiful! And the ceiling beams are phenomenal! I also like the unexpected elegance that the chandelier adds!



I don't know if you enjoyed this post or not! I have just had houses on the brain and thought I would share my inspiration with all of you! Where do you find inspiration? I love comments, so let me know!

Thanks for stopping by!

















No comments: