Thursday, December 2, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!

I LOVE Christmas trees! Next to Christmas carols, trees are probably my favorite part of the season! I love all the extravagant trees the stores put up every year! I love visiting friends and seeing what their family has done with the tree tradition. Every year I see some of the most beautiful trees, decorated to the nines. And every year I think, "Next year, I am going to have a BEAUTIFUL tree! I am going to go all out! I am going to have the BEST tree!!!" Just look at some of the trees I have been admiring this year:

Atherton Holiday House Tour traditional living room
Atherton Holiday House Tour

Frenchflair traditional living room

Frenchflair

Now check out these from Country Living

I love the Rustic Feel of this one!

This one reminds me of my grandmother's tree!

And I love this explosion of red!

Here are some more. These are from Better Homes & Gardens
This one looks so elegant!




And I want this one! It is So Fat and Fabulous!

All of these trees are great! I could look at Christmas trees for days, but this one is my favorite:



It's nothing special. It has no theme or color scheme. It's ornaments are placed in odd groupings (thanks to little helpers). And it leans to one side! But this is OUR tree! These are our ornaments, collected over the years. My kids help decorate it and they don't stop until they are satisfied that is finished.
I LOVE sitting in a dark living room, with a big cup of coffee, and watching the lights! I Love the feeling that everything is right in the world when there is a tree in my house! How weird does that sound? Ok, I hope I haven't bored you or scared you away! Instead, I hope you are inspired to put up your tree, then sit back and enjoy. It is YOUR tree and it is not like anyone else's.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: